Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I love you as much as I can...


The other night before bed, Landon gave me a huge hug and said "I love you as much as I can!" It melted my heart! But actually, the more I thought about it... It could be mean "you are really hard to love and I am loving you as much as I can!" Haha! But I KNOW that is not what my sweet boy was trying to say!



We had fun celebrating Valentine's Day. Some people think that Valentine's Day is a big waste and a commercial holiday. I do agree in some ways. We had so much fun at Christmas that I think I am grasping for a reason to do something big and special! So we made a special day of it!


First, we sent some birthday love to Uncle Bub. Can't believe he is 30!!!


The kids got a sweet surprise in the mail from their cousin Sydney! It was several books for each of them and some crafts and candy. They had a lot of fun receiving a special package! Thank You! One of the books, "Roses are Pink, Your feet really stink" is a book that I checked out of the school library and read to Landon's class. It is really cute so he was happy to have his own copy!


Right after Christmas, I saw a tutorial on how to make heart shaped candy cane lollipops. So I sent Kelly on the hunt to get me some candy canes on clearance. I got 50 for less than a dollar! I also had a coupon for Micheal's, spend $5 get $5 off! So they really did not cost much to make. We had fun but it was a little harder than I originally thought it would be, mostly because I had never done anything like this before. Despite the way some of them looked, they were really tasty!


We started off Valentine's Day morning with the kids opening their treat bags. I made Landon's bag when he was a baby so of course Allie Ruth had to have one too. We use them every year. I just fill them with little dollar store treats. The alligator box is Landon's card box for school. We had fun making that too!

Good morning, My loves!! Allie Ruth is so not a morning person:)



We had fun at Landon's Valentine party at school. So glad I got to be a part of it. Another plus of him being at school with me. And the ice cream was delicious!


Allie Ruth had a party at school and made this sweet card!


We had a yummy family dinner with steak, salad and lobster ravioli! Yum!! 
On another note, just because I don't want to forget this... The other night I was wanting a reaction out of Kelly. I said "I am really feeling the baby fever. I know a ton of people that are having babies and I think that we should have one more." Landon shouted "NO!, because then Allie Ruth won't pay me any attention!"  Sweet boy!






2 comments:

  1. L is the sweetest boy! My heart melted when I read the "I love you as much as I can", so I can only imagine how it made you feel!!

    Looks like y'all had a lovely valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landon is quite photogenic but I am loving Allie Ruth's morning shot! Too funny:)

    ReplyDelete